Friday, August 7, 2009

Last week I noticed a large glob of blue foam in the bathtub. I thought, "Oh, my goodness, what is that?" I had just cleaned the tub (finally) and decided that some mystery cleaning substance had leaked out of a bottle and had decided to live on the bottom of the bathtub. Because I usually do not wear my glasses in the bathroom, I was not sure of the foam and just left it, ignored it, and forgot about it.

Saturday morning, grandpa asked me if I had seen the shaving cream (ah ha!) in the bathtub. I told him I had been wondering about it for a couple of days. He said he found a spider, a big, long-legged one in the tub. The kind of spider that you can't wash down the drain because it holds onto the sides of the pipes and crawls back up to freedom as soon as you turn off the water. Have you seen that kind? Since we had four new cans of shaving cream, courtesy of a trip to Costco, Grandpa creatively covered the spider with the blue foam, about four inches high of it, and let the spider slowly die. We happily washed the spider down the drain. He did not crawl back up, even when the sun came up in the morning.

Good bye spider. I'm glad I do not have to share the bathroom with you. And Jacob, shaving cream works great for killing spiders. Have fun.

Love,
Grandma

2 comments:

  1. I got a new sword. And a arm sheild, and I am holding it with my left hand and I am holding a sword with me right sword. Love, Jacob

    One time I saw ants crawling all over the sink. RIght now.

    I like your story. It's so so so funny and I love grandma and grandpa and you are so nice and super super happy and good and nice and oh, we have a piggy bank, and I like your house, and why do you have toys in your basement. that's it. Have fun. xxx that means kisses. x's mean kisses. see those three x's, three, do you see them on your computer. Ok, mom that's it. And I love you. I gave a sucker to Jack, it's called suck pot. A ring pop. and we put it on a ring and we eat it. Bye grandma, Have fun. Ok, that's all. Have fun! THat's going to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good use for shaving cream! (I haven't used it in awhile hehehe)

    ReplyDelete